Forum for transformation | State of emergency in the power sector
The Polish power industry is sinking into crisis. We can talk about a state of emergency in the this sector. There are several reasons for the crisis - including decisions which have been put off for years, dwindling coal reserves, ageing generation infrastructure and inconsistently implemented restructuring of the sector. Drift and lack of decisions on the directions of further transformation is dangerous from the perspective of the country's energy stability.
How to remedy this? What concepts of transformation are presented by experts, institutions and Polish think tanks?
>>>Click to watch the video recording of the conference "State of emergency in the power sector" of 8 December 2021<<<.
The recording is available only with the original soundtrack in Polish.
Joanna Maćkowiak-Pandera PhD, CEO, Forum Energii
Marcin Roszkowski, Entrepreneur and Jagiellonian Institute President
Aleksandra Gawlikowska-Fyk PhD, Head of Power Sector, Forum Energii
- Monika Morawiecka, President of the Management Board, PGE Baltica
- Remigiusz Nowakowski, President of the Management Board, Lower Silesian Institute for Energy Studies
- Wojciech Myślecki, PhD, Chairman of the New Power Generation Technologies Team, National Centre for Research and Development
Moderation: Rafał Zasuń, Wysokie Napięcie
Paweł Czyżak, Head of Energy & Climate, Instrat
- Małgorzata Kozak, Director, Department of Markets Development and Consumer Issues at Energy Regulatory Office
- Kamil Kliszcz, Analysis Department Director, mBank S.A.
- Magdalena Maj, Head of the Climate and Energy, Polish Economic Institute
- Filip Piasecki, Energy Market Expert, Aurora Energy Research
Moderation: Robert Tomaszewski, Senior Energy Analyst, Polityka Insight
- Maciej Bukowski PhD, President of WiseEuropa
- Paweł Czyżak, Head of Energy & Climate, Instrat
- Robert Jeszke, KOBiZE, Coordinator of the LIFE Climate CAKE
- Joanna Maćkowiak-Pandera PhD, President, Forum Energii
- Marcin Roszkowski, President, Jagiellonian Institute
- Dorota Zawadzka-Stępniak, Director of Energy and Climate Change Department, Polish Confederation Lewiatan
Moderation: Barbara Oksińska, Business Insider Polska